God's Love Letter

On this Valentine’s Day…a day when we think about love…here is a special love letter 
for you. It’s a love letter from God the Father, 
addressed to you as his precious child 
(based on Psalm 139)

Dear Child, 

I made you. You’re unique. With love I formed you in your mother’s womb and fashioned you with mysterious complexity. I remember with great joy the day I created you in the secret place, and carefully shaped you from nothing to something. 


You are beautiful. I love your smile; I love your ways. You are yourself, and no one else, and this is how I purposely made you

I made you in such a way that you always will need me. I know if I had not made you like this, you would forget about me – your Creator. Sadly, many times you have stumbled and fallen, because you stood alone and would not take my hand. So many lessons you learned the hard way, because you would not listen to my voice. Instead you went your merry way alone, and instead of joy and peace, you experienced heartache and pain. 

My compassion toward you, however, is new every morning. You constantly are in my thoughts, and when I think of you my heart is warmed with love. My thoughts toward you – my thoughts about you – are filled with plans only for your good. Always for your good; never for evil.

I’ve had to reshape and remold you, in order to renew you. This has not been easy for you…or for me. I want you to know that I do this because I cherish you, and because this is the only way for you to experience the best that I have for you.

Never forget that I will always be with you. Why? Because I love you.

Your Heavenly Father


Let me pray for you as you start your day.

Dear Lord, thank you for your love, woven through your words that we are “fearfully and wonderfully” made. Develop in us a sense of wonder and thankfulness for the many ways you take care of us, and the marvelous way you have created each part of us. If we’re in the wrong, please discover it. If we’re walking toward a road of pain, lead us back to your everlasting ways. Thank you that you are pleased with who you have made us to be – each individual person reading this letter. In Jesus’ name, Amen. 


NOTE: If you are an email subscriber and would like to post a comment, just click this link which will take you directly to the blog: http://broensbridge.blogspot.com

Comments