God’s Valentine

Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day which focuses on celebrating human love and relationship. 
Below is a special love letter – a valentine – from God our heavenly Father. 
It is addressed to you as his beloved child.

Dear Child,

From the very beginning, I have called you by name. You are my unique creation. With love I knitted you together inside your mother’s womb. With great joy, I remember the pleasurable days I spent molding you, and giving you life.

You are beautiful.

I love you.

I personally carved you with the palms of my hands, and I’ve now hidden you in the shadow of my embrace. I look at you with infinite tenderness, because I care for you.

Deeply.

I love your smile and your laugh. I love the silly things you do and say. I have counted every hair on your head and guided you at every step.

Please remember that wherever you go, I go with you. Wherever you rest, I keep watch. I have seen your broken heart and heard your tearful sobs. Many times you have stumbled and fallen, because you would not take my hand and you became lost on your way.

And when you wander from me like this, I ache. I yearn for your presence, because I long to be with you. So I will not hide my face from you, because I am much more than your creator: I am your father. And for this reason, nothing…nothing…ever will separate us.

You are my precious child.

I love you.

With all my heart,

God

Let me pray for you as you start the day. Dear Lord, thank you for your constant love and care for each person reading this blog. Help them to see that their uniqueness was purposely fashioned by you, and that you find great joy and delight in walking with them. If they find themselves lost or broken, help them to turn to you: the father who loves them and desires only the best for them. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Comments